It's amazing how throwing a few ingredients together and adding some seasoning can create such a taste sensation! Below I've listed my top 10 favorite snack mixes. From sweet to savory - gourmet popcorn to savory nuts, you're sure to find something you love!
Snack mixes are also a great gift for long-distance friends and relatives. Send some along in a nice serving bowl that they can use again and again.
Find your favorite recipe and fill up your snack baskets for birthday parties, showers, weddings, graduation parties . . . basically any event!
Just make sure to make plenty - as people will keep coming back for more!
My cousin had this set out at her son's graduation party. We couldn't keep our hands out of it! Fill bowls on your event tables, or include a bag as part of your graduation favors.
*2 cups brown sugar
*2 sticks butter
*1/2 cup Karo® syrup
*1 box rice Chex®
*1 bag Fritos®
*1 can peanuts or mixed nuts (I used peanuts)
*1 bag M&M's®
1. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients (minus the M&M's).
2. Bring sugar, butter and syrup to a boil.
3. Pour caramel mixture over the mix and stir.
4. Spread in two 9x13 cake pans.
5. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, stir and bake another 8 minutes.
6. Pour in brown paper bag to cool, mixing every so often to keep from clumping together. 7. Once totally cool, add M&M's.
* 1 (10 ounce) package mini twist pretzels
* 5 cups Cheerios®
* 5 cups Chex® or Golden Grahams®
* 2 cups salted peanuts
* 1 (14 ounce) package candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
* 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Line 3 baking sheets with waxed paper or parchment. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine mini pretzels, toasted oat cereal, crispy corn cereal squares, salted peanuts, and candy-coated chocolate pieces. Set aside.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and oil on medium-high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Microwave on high for 10 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
4. Spread onto prepared baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 5 Quarts
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups square oat cereal
* 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup chocolate or yogurt covered raisins
1. In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients; heat until the butter is melted. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. In a large bowl, combine cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture and mix well. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 275 degrees F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container.
* 2 cups Bugles®
* 2 cups square-shaped cheese flavored crackers
* 2 cups pretzel sticks
* 1 cup Corn Chex® cereal
* 1 cup bite-size shredded wheat
* 1 cup pecan halves
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the butter, syrup, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
2. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250 degrees F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
* 1 egg white
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 pound pecan halves
* 1 cup white sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
* 1 (12 ounce) package crispy corn and rice cereal
* 5 ounces slivered almonds
* 6 ounces toasted, chopped pecans
* 3/4 cup butter
* 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
* 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix crispy corn and rice cereal, slivered almonds and toasted, chopped pecans.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and mix with dark corn syrup and light brown sugar. Pour the mixture over the crispy corn and rice cereal mixture. Stir and shake to coat all the nuts and cereal.
4. Pour the coated mixture into the prepared roasting pan. Stirring approximately every 15 minutes, cook 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool on wax paper, and store in airtight containers.
*9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
*1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
*1/2 cup peanut butter
*1/4 cup butter or margarine
*1 teaspoon vanilla
*1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1. Heat the vegetable oil and 3 popcorn kernels in a large pot over medium heat. When all 3 kernels pop, the oil is ready.
2. Stir in the sugar and popcorn. Follow the 3 second rule - shake the pan for 3 seconds, then let it sit for 3 seconds. Continue this pattern until popping has slowed to once every 3 seconds. *Do not let the popcorn sit longer than 3 seconds - the sugar will burn.*
3. Remove the pot from the heat and continue to shake for a few minutes until the popping has stopped. Pour into a large bowl, and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to break up large clumps.
*Optional - If you'd like a little salt with your sweet, sprinkle salt after pouring into a large bowl.
1 cup canola oil
1 jar Orville Redenbacher Butter oil
2 packages dry ranch dressing mix
1 box Cheez-Its
2 bags oyster crackers
1 bags chow mein noodles
1 box Ritz mini cheese & crackers
1 bag crunchy Cheetos
2 cans mixed nuts
1 can cashews
1 box Crispix cereal
Mix all ingredients in a large garbage bag. Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. We use a huge roaster pan but you can also spread out the snack mix on cookie sheets (which shortens baking time). Store in ziploc bags, makes a huge batch (about 4 gallon size ziploc bags).
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup clear Karo syrup
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Cup Peanuts
1 Box Crispix cereal
Microwave first 3 ingredients together until they reach boiling. Pour 1 cup dry roasted peanuts and 1 box Crispix into a paper bag and pour sugar/syrup mix over it. Mix together, close up paper bag and microwave for 2 minutes. Shake well and microwave for another 2 minutes. Shake well and pour out over wax paper to let it cool. Store in ziploc bags to preserve freshness.