Pizza and cookies are two of the most popular foods in the country; almost everyone likes one or the other.
It was only a matter of time until these foods were integrated into one great recipe: the cookie pizza is a fun, fresh, and fabulous dessert to serve at parties.
Guests will love the break from traditional cake, and with the versatility of toppings, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Image by izzyplante on Flickr
Who better to turn to when you have a baking question than Betty Crocker? The following recipe is from the incredible Betty Crocker collection. You will need:
Ingredients for the crust:
Ingredients for the topping:
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
2. Mix ½ cup butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and egg. Blend well and stir in flour and baking soda. You will have a stiff dough now.
3. Put the dough in an ungreased 12 inch pizza pan or cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let this cool for about 30 minutes.
4. In a saucepan, heat the chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of butter, and milk over low heat, stirring occasionally. When the chocolate is just melted, remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the powdered sugar.
5. Beat this mixture with a whisk until smooth and spreadable. If the mixture is not glossy, stir in a few drop of hot water.
6. Spread the chocolate mixture of the baked cookie crust. While the chocolate is warm, sprinkle the top with nuts and candies. Press lightly, and drizzle the entire pizza with the melted white chocolate bars.
7. Let firm.
8. Cut into wedges and serve.
There is any number of variations you can try. Cookie pizza with fruit is a popular alternative.
For this pizza, use your favorite sugar cookie recipe for the crust. Bake it for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Let this cool and get your toppings ready.
You will need:
To make, beat the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla. Spread this on the cooled crust. Arrange your favorite fruit slices on the filling, and then chill. This is a delicious way to end a summer party.
For every chef, and for every sweet tooth, the possibilities are nearly endless. You can even modify your recipe to suit a particular occasion or theme. A summer party lends itself perfectly to a fruit pizza; a fall cookie pizza would look great with white and chocolate chips and candy corn. You're the designer, choose what you'd like!
You can also experiment with your fillings. Cream cheese and chocolate fillings are both fantastic ideas, but why not try whipped cream, ice cream, frozen yogurt, yogurt (which would be great for fruit pizza), caramel, applesauce, jam, or pureed fruit preserves? You can dazzle guests and make an infinite number of delicious creations.