Red, White, And Blue Desserts For The 4th Of July
Summer is coming and that means Fourth of July parties will be hopping. There are so many options for Fourth of July desserts. You can have patriotic cupcakes or a red, white, and blue trifle. You can even stick to the traditional flag cake.
Whatever your taste is, I have it in this post. Feel free to browse through and find the perfect 4th Of July dessert.
Berry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
How to make a 4th of July trifle
- 2 packages (16 ounces) low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 12 oz. container low fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 angel food cake, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 quarts fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar; add sour cream, vanilla, and almond extract. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- In separate mixing bowls, combine the strawberries and blueberries and the granulated sugar.
- In large glass bowl, (such as a trifle bowl), layer trifle starting with torn angel food cake pieces, then the strawberries, then the blueberries, and then the cream cheese mixture. Continue layering until finished, 3 or 4 layers is good (depends on size of your bowl). Finish layering trifle with berries on top and garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Cover and chill well. Garnish with strawberries and blueberries.
Makes approximately 12-18 servings.
This recipe can be made for individuals as well. Simply layer the ingredients the same way in fluted glasses and pass out amongst guests.
Fourth Of July Flag Cake Recipe
How to make a flag cake
- 2 pints of strawberries
- 1 recipe of your favorite white or yellow cake (mix or from scratch, your choice)
- 1 1/3 cup of blueberries
- 1 tub of whipped topping
- Mix up and bake your favorite cake mix or recipe. Let cool.
- Slice 1 cup of strawberries, set aside. Halve remaining strawberries, set aside.
- Top cake (in pan) with 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 cup blueberries and all of the whipped topping. Arrange remaining strawberry halves and blueberries on whipped topping to create a flag design. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
No Time To Bake?
Buy A Patriotic Cookie Bouquet
If you are having a big party to celebrate the 4th of July, consider making or buying a couple patriotic cookie bouquets. This American Flag Cookie Pail is filled with twelve fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies that are wrapped in blue and red cellophane for a festive look.
A small American flag and white bow complete the package. It would make a great centerpiece too, can't you just picture it? It's so patriotic but tasty at the same time!
This particular bouquet is $42 and is available with sugar free cookies as well.
Red, White, Blue Fruit Pizza