Oh those delicious cupcakes! I have never met a cupcake I didn't like. Great for any occasion, cupcakes can be for birthdays, school parties, weddings, picnics, baby showers, the list goes on and on. Cupcakes can be even be a simple dessert after dinner or as an after school snack. Cookies are nice, but Cupcakes have more pizazz!
You can dress them up with fancy icing or even ganache, and add sprinkles, candies or little decorative toppers, and the inside can be laced with chocolate chips or caramel or fancy fillings, or you can dress them down with simple icing and basic flavored cake mix.
However you make them they are wonderful tasty treats everyone loves.
Cupcakes are great for bake sales and fundraisers too. No one will walk by your table at the bake sale without stopping to buy one of these. They just make people smile!
All of these amazing cupcake creations are from: Clever Cupcakes
Cupcakes are very easy to fill. Choose your favorite filling and put it into a decorating bag. Use the regular tip that would be used for large writing. On the top of the cupcake poke the tip about three fourths of the way into the center of the cupcake. Squeeze the tube of filling and pull away from the cupcake. Do not overfill the cupcake, you only want about 1-2 tablespoons inside. Don't let the filling ooze out of the cupcake. Gently scrape off any filling that is on the outside of the cupcake before you put icing on it.
If your filling is thick or lumpy, another way to fill a cupcake is to cut a small circular section out of the top of your cupcake - about 1 - 1 1/2 inches deep. Carefully remove that section, fill with desired filling and then replace the cut out section (trimming if necessary) then frost to cover up the patch.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If desired, line cupcake pans with paper liners. You may also spray cupcake pan with a butter and flour combination spray that can be found in your local grocery store.
(2) Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds while scraping bowl. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
(3) Spoon cupcake batter into liners until they are 1/2 to 2/3 full. You should have enough batter for 24-36 cupcakes.
(4) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
(5) Cool 10 minutes in pans then move to wire rack to cool completely.
(6) For Frosting, Combine 1/2 cup softened butter with 1 cup creamy peanut butter (crunchy can also be used). Add 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted after measuring), and up to 1/4 cup heavy cream until you get the consistency you want. For an extra special touch you can top with a mini peanut butter cup!
Click the links below for Free Recipes!
Find more cupcake baby gifts & favors at All About Gifts & Baskets
Find these adorable cupcake favors at Wedding Favors Unlimited.
Perfect for a Sweet 16 party, Wedding, Bridal Shower or Birthday Party!