Photo Credit: First Birthday by Elaine Ashton, on Flickr
Have You Seen The Giant Cupcake Cake?
There is a cake mold that looks like a giant cupcake. The first time I saw a giant cupcake, I thought it was the neatest cake ever. I've seen them for birthdays, baby showers and bridal showers.
For a really fun look you can decorate the giant cupcake just the way you decorate a regular sized cupcake. It's sure to be the hit of the party! Celebrate in a big way by giving someone a cupcake gift surprise!
If you're looking to create a unique cake for you next birthday or special event, look no further! Find all the supplies and decorating ideas right here.
How do you do it?
A giant cupcake pan consists of 2 molds - the bottom of the cupcake and the top.
Before constructing your giant cupcake, a good idea is to put a layer of frosting between each half and allow it to set so you are less likely to have slippage during frosting the outside (and who doesn't love a frosting center?).
Finished cupcake measurements are approximately 7-1/4 by 7-1/2 inches.
Giant Cupcake Cake Mold
Creates a big 3-D cupcake for the whole party to share! Assemble top and bottom cake halves with a thin layer of icing. Professional weight, cast aluminum for exceptional detail. Premium non-stick surface for easy release and cleanup. Now were talking cupcake! Forget jumbo or king size. Instead, create a sensation with a stunning cupcake to beat all the others - the super duper cupcake. Made with a special dimensional cake pan, your cupcake will be 7-1/4 dia. x 7-1/2 tall
Giant Cakesize Cupcake Mold
Fun and easy to use
Dishwasher safe, heat resistant to 500 F
Non-stick, easy release
Perfect giant cupcake everytime!
Some of my favorite Giant Cake Creations!
Decorating Your Giant Cupcake Cake
Remember this is giant cupcake is supposed to look like a regular cupcake only giant sized. I think it looks best with frosted cupcake-style with giant sized add ons like jelly beans, disc candies or large sized sprinkles. Be creative!
Create a Unique Cake!
Add a giant cupcake to a regular cake for an amazing creation! Bake a regular 9 inch round cake and then decorate a giant cupcake to place on top.
Flickr Photo Credit Samdogs
Cupcakes are a Wonderful Thing
Oh those delicious cupcakes! I have never met a cupcake I didn't like. Great for any occasion, cupcakes can be for birthdays, school parties, weddings, picnics, baby showers, the list goes on and on. Cupcakes can be even be a simple dessert after dinner or as an after school snack. Cookies are nice, but Cupcakes have more pizazz!
You can dress them up with fancy icing or even ganache, and add sprinkles, candies or little decorative toppers, and the inside can be laced with chocolate chips or caramel or fancy fillings, or you can dress them down with simple icing and basic flavored cake mix.
However you make them they are wonderful tasty treats everyone loves.
Cupcakes are great for bake sales and fundraisers too. No one will walk by your table at the bake sale without stopping to buy one of these. They just make people smile!
Themes or Occasions for Cupcakes
Cupcakes don't have to have a theme, but if you need one, here are some suggestions.
- Baby Shower - You can put cupcakes together to form a large baby booty or top with plastic pacifiers
- Birthday - great for school parties or take home treats for after the party
- Wedding - put cupcakes at each place setting in a cupcake favor box. Many cake companies offer cupcakes as part of the wedding cake order - saves on cutting!
- School Party - don't forget to send extras for the teachers
- Valentines Day- form individual cupcakes into a large heart, or decorate with red sprinkles.
- Easter - color coconut to look look grass or birds nests and add jelly beans for eggs
- Christmas - make snowman faces on them or make a santa with a coconut beard. For quick and easy, frost then decorate with Christmas candy.
- 4th of July - decorate with flags or stars
- Anniversary - add bells and rings
- Engagement - decorate with plastic rings
- Mothers Day - add edible flowers for mom
- Fathers Day - decorate with dads favorite sports
- Halloween - use black licorice to make whiskers on cat faces, wafer cookies as tombstones or marshmallows as ghosts.
- Thanksgiving - decorate as turkeys with wafer cookie wings and candy corn feathers.
- St Patrick's Day - decorate with shamrocks
Cupcakes for Every Occasion
All of these amazing cupcake creations are from: Clever Cupcakes
How to Fill Cupcakes
Cupcakes are very easy to fill. Choose your favorite filling and put it into a decorating bag. Use the regular tip that would be used for large writing. On the top of the cupcake poke the tip about three fourths of the way into the center of the cupcake. Squeeze the tube of filling and pull away from the cupcake. Do not overfill the cupcake, you only want about 1-2 tablespoons inside. Don't let the filling ooze out of the cupcake. Gently scrape off any filling that is on the outside of the cupcake before you put icing on it.
If your filling is thick or lumpy, another way to fill a cupcake is to cut a small circular section out of the top of your cupcake - about 1 - 1 1/2 inches deep. Carefully remove that section, fill with desired filling and then replace the cut out section (trimming if necessary) then frost to cover up the patch.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
The classic combination comes together in a cupcake!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If desired, line cupcake pans with paper liners. You may also spray cupcake pan with a butter and flour combination spray that can be found in your local grocery store.
(2) Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds while scraping bowl. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
(3) Spoon cupcake batter into liners until they are 1/2 to 2/3 full. You should have enough batter for 24-36 cupcakes.
(4) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
(5) Cool 10 minutes in pans then move to wire rack to cool completely.
(6) For Frosting, Combine 1/2 cup softened butter with 1 cup creamy peanut butter (crunchy can also be used). Add 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted after measuring), and up to 1/4 cup heavy cream until you get the consistency you want. For an extra special touch you can top with a mini peanut butter cup!
Free Cupcake Recipe Links
Click the links below for Free Recipes!
Cupcakes and Babies - What gift or favor could be sweeter?
Find more cupcake baby gifts & favors at All About Gifts & Baskets
Cupcake Favors for your Cupcake Party!
Find these adorable cupcake favors at Wedding Favors Unlimited.
Perfect for a Sweet 16 party, Wedding, Bridal Shower or Birthday Party!
Snacking for every season!
It's amazing how throwing a few ingredients together and adding some seasoning can create such a taste sensation! Below I've listed my top 10 favorite snack mixes. From sweet to savory - gourmet popcorn to savory nuts, you're sure to find something you love!
Snack mixes are also a great gift for long-distance friends and relatives. Send some along in a nice serving bowl that they can use again and again.
Find your favorite recipe and fill up your snack baskets for birthday parties, showers, weddings, graduation parties . . . basically any event!
Just make sure to make plenty - as people will keep coming back for more!
#1) Fritos® Sweet Snack Mix
A wonderful combination of sweet and salty!
My cousin had this set out at her son's graduation party. We couldn't keep our hands out of it! Fill bowls on your event tables, or include a bag as part of your graduation favors.
*2 cups brown sugar
*2 sticks butter
*1/2 cup Karo® syrup
*1 box rice Chex®
*1 bag Fritos®
*1 can peanuts or mixed nuts (I used peanuts)
*1 bag M&M's®
1. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients (minus the M&M's).
2. Bring sugar, butter and syrup to a boil.
3. Pour caramel mixture over the mix and stir.
4. Spread in two 9x13 cake pans.
5. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, stir and bake another 8 minutes.
6. Pour in brown paper bag to cool, mixing every so often to keep from clumping together. 7. Once totally cool, add M&M's.
#2) White Chocolate Snack Mix
* 1 (10 ounce) package mini twist pretzels
* 5 cups Cheerios®
* 5 cups Chex® or Golden Grahams®
* 2 cups salted peanuts
* 1 (14 ounce) package candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
* 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Line 3 baking sheets with waxed paper or parchment. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine mini pretzels, toasted oat cereal, crispy corn cereal squares, salted peanuts, and candy-coated chocolate pieces. Set aside.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and oil on medium-high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Microwave on high for 10 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
4. Spread onto prepared baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 5 Quarts
#3) Autumn Oats Snack Mix
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups square oat cereal
* 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup chocolate or yogurt covered raisins
1. In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients; heat until the butter is melted. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. In a large bowl, combine cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture and mix well. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 275 degrees F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container.
#4) Savory Reindeer Mix
* 2 cups Bugles®
* 2 cups square-shaped cheese flavored crackers
* 2 cups pretzel sticks
* 1 cup Corn Chex® cereal
* 1 cup bite-size shredded wheat
* 1 cup pecan halves
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the butter, syrup, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
2. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250 degrees F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
#5) Sugar Coated Pecans
* 1 egg white
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 pound pecan halves
* 1 cup white sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
#6) Sweet Snack Mix
* 1 (12 ounce) package crispy corn and rice cereal
* 5 ounces slivered almonds
* 6 ounces toasted, chopped pecans
* 3/4 cup butter
* 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
* 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix crispy corn and rice cereal, slivered almonds and toasted, chopped pecans.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and mix with dark corn syrup and light brown sugar. Pour the mixture over the crispy corn and rice cereal mixture. Stir and shake to coat all the nuts and cereal.
4. Pour the coated mixture into the prepared roasting pan. Stirring approximately every 15 minutes, cook 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool on wax paper, and store in airtight containers.
#7) Chex® Muddy Buddies®
A classic indulgent treat!
*9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
*1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
*1/2 cup peanut butter
*1/4 cup butter or margarine
*1 teaspoon vanilla
*1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
#8) Kettle Corn
Just like the kind you get at carnivals!
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1. Heat the vegetable oil and 3 popcorn kernels in a large pot over medium heat. When all 3 kernels pop, the oil is ready.
2. Stir in the sugar and popcorn. Follow the 3 second rule - shake the pan for 3 seconds, then let it sit for 3 seconds. Continue this pattern until popping has slowed to once every 3 seconds. *Do not let the popcorn sit longer than 3 seconds - the sugar will burn.*
3. Remove the pot from the heat and continue to shake for a few minutes until the popping has stopped. Pour into a large bowl, and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to break up large clumps.
*Optional - If you'd like a little salt with your sweet, sprinkle salt after pouring into a large bowl.
#9) Super Snack Mix
1 cup canola oil
1 jar Orville Redenbacher Butter oil
2 packages dry ranch dressing mix
1 box Cheez-Its
2 bags oyster crackers
1 bags chow mein noodles
1 box Ritz mini cheese & crackers
1 bag crunchy Cheetos
2 cans mixed nuts
1 can cashews
1 box Crispix cereal
Mix all ingredients in a large garbage bag. Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. We use a huge roaster pan but you can also spread out the snack mix on cookie sheets (which shortens baking time). Store in ziploc bags, makes a huge batch (about 4 gallon size ziploc bags).
#10) Simply Sweet Microwave Snack Mix
Quick and Simple yet Tasty!
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup clear Karo syrup
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Cup Peanuts
1 Box Crispix cereal
Microwave first 3 ingredients together until they reach boiling. Pour 1 cup dry roasted peanuts and 1 box Crispix into a paper bag and pour sugar/syrup mix over it. Mix together, close up paper bag and microwave for 2 minutes. Shake well and microwave for another 2 minutes. Shake well and pour out over wax paper to let it cool. Store in ziploc bags to preserve freshness.