Image Credit: Living Locurto
Mouth-Watering Sundae Cupcake Ideas
Although these delectable cupcakes may look like a giant hot fudge sundae, don't be deceived. They are delectable cupcakes decorated to look like the best ice cream sundae you've ever seen... complete with the cherry on top.
One of the latest trends in cupcake decorating, these delicious delights are presented and decorated to look like hot fudge sundaes, banana splits, caramel sundaes and more. Often they are presented in paper sundae cups making them look even more real.
Check out some of the fun concoctions creative bakers across the country have come up with lately!
Photo courtesy of Food Snots
Check out this blog for detailed instructions on how to create these hot fudge sundae cupcakes that have a gooey fudge center. And if you don't have time to bake, don't forget that you can always have cupcakes delivered right to your door by shopping online.
Some Fun Sundae Cupcake Inspiration
Cupcake Sundaes in Ice Cream Cups
Originally designed as teacher appreciation gifts, these ice cream sundae cupcakes feature little tags that read "Your are Sweet" and "Thank You Teacher" (you can get the free printable design by clicking on the above link).
Personally, I think they would be great birthday party favors for a child of any age or a fun alternative on a wedding dessert buffet. Either way they are clever little treats that teachers or party guests would love.
To make these sweet treats, you need the following items:
- Cake Mix (and ingredients needed to mix cupcakes like eggs and oil)
- Frosting (see recipe below for ingredients)
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Red Gumballs or Red Malted Milk Balls
- Small Ice Cream Cups - Paper or Styrofoam (not so eco-friendly so I like paper better)
This easy cupcakes start with your favorite cake mix. Follow the package directions to bake up a batch of 24 cupcakes baked in paper liners. After the cupcakes have cooled, place each one inside one of the small paper ice cream cups. Then, top each one with a scoop of "ice cream" frosting. The KEY to these cupcakes is the frosting that when scooped, truly looks like a big scoop of vanilla ice cream (check out these fun ice cream scoop favors). See the recipe (from Living Locurto) below.
Next, melt the chocolate candy melts in the microwave according to the package directions and spoon over the top each frosted cupcake. Before the chocolate hardens, be sure to put on candy sprinkles and the "cherry" gumball. Wrap in cellophane and attach the free printable teacher party favor tags.
Ice Cream Frosting Recipe
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- a few drops of ivory gel food color
In the bowl of a mixer, mix butter, vanilla and milk until well blended and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix on low until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for a minute or two, until fully combined and fluffy. Place frosting in the refrigerator for an hour to chill. Remove the frosting from the refrigerator and spoon it on top of cupcakes. It looks just like ice cream!
Brownie Sundae Cupcakes
These Brownie Sundae Cupcakes from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen utilize the same "ice cream" frosting recipe that was presented above to get this look. In addition, you can bake a batch brownie cupcakes (prepare your favorite brownie mix according to box directions for cake-like brownies and fill baking cups halfway, baking at 350 until done) and then utilize a tub of vanilla frosting, Maraschino Cherries (or red gumdrops, etc), and Sprinkles to get the look shown in the photograph.
7th Birthday Sundae Cupcakes
Photo from The Tomkat Studio
Pink Cupcake Sundaes
The Swell Life uses sculpted fondant to make the cupcakes look like sundaes and the cherries are crafted from royal icing. The addition of a piece of waffle cone is an extra special touch.
Video Instructions For Icing Sundae Cupcakes
Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes
The Sweetest Kitchen has presented these delicious looking sundae cupcakes on their blog. Just visit their site to get the recipes for the chocolate cupcakes that hold a chocolate ganache surprise in the center, vanilla butter cream icing, and a chocolate ganache glaze. Yummy!
Homemade Raspberry Cobbler Recipe
A cobbler is basically a pie like dessert with no bottom pastry crust. It can be made in a large serving dish for parties or in individual sized ramekins for the family.
Raspberry cobbler is a great cobbler because of its great flavor and beautiful color. It is always attractive on the dessert table.
This raspberry cobbler recipe is super simple and delicious. It is great plain but can be varied by adding more berries to it such as blackberries or blueberries. Top it off with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and you have a dessert that the whole family is going to love.
How To Make Raspberry Cobbler
Raspberry Cobbler Recipe
New York style cheesecake with raspberry topping and THIS raspberry cobbler are my two favorite gourmet desserts that incorporate beautiful red raspberries!
Picture courtesy of MevrouwCupcake on Creative Commons
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar or splenda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp sugar or splenda
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix the berries, corn starch and first amount of sugar or splenda in a small casserole dish.
- Taste for raspberry mixture sweetness, add more sugar if you like it sweeter (I like it kind of tart)
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt, and second amount of sugar or splenda together
- Cut in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly
- Add milk and mix
- Spoon on top of berry mixture in casserole dish
- Bake in 375°F oven for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
Recipe courtesy of grouprecipes.com
Raspberry Cobbler Recipe Variations
- Fresh Raspberry Cobbler Recipe
What to do with all those berries after a trip to the raspberry farm!
- Recipes - Raspberry Cobbler
PEACH - RASPBERRY COBBLER: Two of summer's most delicious fruits are combined in this ...
- Raspberry Cobbler recipe
Try this Raspberry Cobbler recipe, or post your own recipe for Raspberry Cobbler. (4) 100% would make again. 25 people marked it a Favorite, 1 people marked ...
- Peach Raspberry Cobbler Recipe
A warm cobbler made with fresh peaches and raspberries for a tasty summertime treat!
- Peach and Raspberry Cobbler Recipe from Betty Crocker
Dessert doesn't get any better than a favorite fruit combo transformed into an easy, warm-from-the-oven cobbler!
How To Make Raspberry Cobbler
Homemade Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
A cobbler is basically a pie with no bottom crust. It is a simple dessert to make in a hurry for those last minute get togethers. Blackberry cobbler is a delicious dessert that will always be welcome at the table. It can be eaten plain or topped off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for added sweetness.
This blackberry cobbler recipe also allows for variations such as adding another fresh fruit. Raspberries would complement it very well. However you choose to serve up your blackberry cobbler, it is sure to be a hit.
How To Make Blackberry Cobbler
Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 1/2 cups blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Once oven temperature is reached melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, sugar and milk; batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour mixture on top of melted butter in baking pan. Do not mix butter and mixture together.
3. Drop blackberries into batter; if more crust is desired add less blackberries. Bake in preheated oven for one hour or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com.
Blackberry Cobbler With Ice Cream...Yum!
How To Make Blackberry Cobbler - Video
Easter Cupcake Recipes and Ideas
The guests at your Easter get-together will be "hopping" with joy when they see that you've baked up any of these delightful treats. Below you'll find some of my favorite Easter cupcake recipes as well as a few of my suggested tools for making the best Easter treats ever!
The great thing about most of these recipes and ideas is that they are super easy, quick to make, and of course, taste great. So grab your beaters and let's get baking!
Easter Bunny Cupcakes from FamilyFunGo
When you want to whip up a batch of quick and adorable bunny cupcakes, nothing beats the following recipe (along with the video) from FamilyFun.Go.com.
Let's Get Baking!
Simply bake a batch of your favorite cupcakes from a cake mix and frost them with your favorite white icing (buttercream, cream cheese, or vanilla). Then sprinkle on some shredded white coconut to make the bunny's fur. You'll also need large jumbo marshmallows, mini marshmallows, pink gel frosting, pink sugar, pink jelly beans, and blue sweet tarts.
- You make the bunny ears by cutting one of the jumbo marshmallows in half and dipping the sticky side directly in a bowl of pink sugar. Place the marshmallow halves on the cupcake to form the ears.
- Add the blue sweet tart eyes, pink jelly bean nose, and mini marshmallows for cheeks. Then use the pink piping gel to draw on the bunny whiskers.
Voila! You have adorable bunny cupcake gifts!
Easter Cupcake Decorating Video
Learn how to make and decorate Easter cupcakes using white yellow cupcakes that are frosted with piped lavender icing and then topped with a gum paste bunny (see how to make it in the video), a gum paste rose, or gum paste pansies. You will also see how to use the Wilton grass tip to make grass on top of the cupcakes as well.
Easy Easter Basket Cupcakes
Here is another fun and easy Easter cupcake idea from FamilyFun.Go.com.
- Bake up a batch of your favorite cupcakes and frost the cupcakes in white icing. I find it easiest to use a large star tip in a bag to pipe an outer "rim" around the edge of the cupcake to form the outside of the Easter basket.
- Then take pipe cleaners or edible licorice to form the basket handle.
- Fill the inside of the basket with green colored shredded coconut. You can make the colored version by placing white coconut in a small ziploc bag and adding green food coloring a little bit at a time (shaking as you go) until you get the desired green color. Place a small mound of coconut inside the piped white edge of the "basket".
- Place jelly beans or your favorite Easter cookies on top the coconut nest.
- To finish off the presentation, tie a small bow around the handle of each Easter cupcake basket.
My Tips - Personally I use carrot cake with cream cheese icing for my Easter cupcakes. Also I like the look of the Easter basket cupcake wraps from Wilton so I use those around my cupcake wrappers (instead of the pipe cleaners). This is one Easter holiday gift that the kids and adults will both like!
Inspiring Easter Cupcake Photos
Photo courtesy of DessertLover2010 at Flickr.
These adorable bright yellow chicks are an adorable addition to any Easter get-together. They are simple to make and delicious to eat.
Bake up a batch of your favorite cupcakes and decorate them to look like the photo to the right.
You can get the step-by-step instructions for decorating the cupcakes at Wilton.com (image at right also courtesy of Wilton.com).