Homemade Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
A cobbler is basically a pie with no bottom crust. It is a simple dessert to make in a hurry for those last minute get togethers. Blackberry cobbler is a delicious dessert that will always be welcome at the table. It can be eaten plain or topped off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for added sweetness.
This blackberry cobbler recipe also allows for variations such as adding another fresh fruit. Raspberries would complement it very well. However you choose to serve up your blackberry cobbler, it is sure to be a hit.
How To Make Blackberry Cobbler
Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 1/2 cups blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Once oven temperature is reached melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, sugar and milk; batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour mixture on top of melted butter in baking pan. Do not mix butter and mixture together.
3. Drop blackberries into batter; if more crust is desired add less blackberries. Bake in preheated oven for one hour or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com.
Blackberry Cobbler With Ice Cream...Yum!
How To Make Blackberry Cobbler - Video
Easter Cupcake Recipes and Ideas
The guests at your Easter get-together will be "hopping" with joy when they see that you've baked up any of these delightful treats. Below you'll find some of my favorite Easter cupcake recipes as well as a few of my suggested tools for making the best Easter treats ever!
The great thing about most of these recipes and ideas is that they are super easy, quick to make, and of course, taste great. So grab your beaters and let's get baking!
Easter Bunny Cupcakes from FamilyFunGo
When you want to whip up a batch of quick and adorable bunny cupcakes, nothing beats the following recipe (along with the video) from FamilyFun.Go.com.
Let's Get Baking!
Simply bake a batch of your favorite cupcakes from a cake mix and frost them with your favorite white icing (buttercream, cream cheese, or vanilla). Then sprinkle on some shredded white coconut to make the bunny's fur. You'll also need large jumbo marshmallows, mini marshmallows, pink gel frosting, pink sugar, pink jelly beans, and blue sweet tarts.
- You make the bunny ears by cutting one of the jumbo marshmallows in half and dipping the sticky side directly in a bowl of pink sugar. Place the marshmallow halves on the cupcake to form the ears.
- Add the blue sweet tart eyes, pink jelly bean nose, and mini marshmallows for cheeks. Then use the pink piping gel to draw on the bunny whiskers.
Voila! You have adorable bunny cupcake gifts!
Easter Cupcake Decorating Video
Learn how to make and decorate Easter cupcakes using white yellow cupcakes that are frosted with piped lavender icing and then topped with a gum paste bunny (see how to make it in the video), a gum paste rose, or gum paste pansies. You will also see how to use the Wilton grass tip to make grass on top of the cupcakes as well.
Easy Easter Basket Cupcakes
Here is another fun and easy Easter cupcake idea from FamilyFun.Go.com.
- Bake up a batch of your favorite cupcakes and frost the cupcakes in white icing. I find it easiest to use a large star tip in a bag to pipe an outer "rim" around the edge of the cupcake to form the outside of the Easter basket.
- Then take pipe cleaners or edible licorice to form the basket handle.
- Fill the inside of the basket with green colored shredded coconut. You can make the colored version by placing white coconut in a small ziploc bag and adding green food coloring a little bit at a time (shaking as you go) until you get the desired green color. Place a small mound of coconut inside the piped white edge of the "basket".
- Place jelly beans or your favorite Easter cookies on top the coconut nest.
- To finish off the presentation, tie a small bow around the handle of each Easter cupcake basket.
My Tips - Personally I use carrot cake with cream cheese icing for my Easter cupcakes. Also I like the look of the Easter basket cupcake wraps from Wilton so I use those around my cupcake wrappers (instead of the pipe cleaners). This is one Easter holiday gift that the kids and adults will both like!
Inspiring Easter Cupcake Photos
Photo courtesy of DessertLover2010 at Flickr.
These adorable bright yellow chicks are an adorable addition to any Easter get-together. They are simple to make and delicious to eat.
Bake up a batch of your favorite cupcakes and decorate them to look like the photo to the right.
You can get the step-by-step instructions for decorating the cupcakes at Wilton.com (image at right also courtesy of Wilton.com).
There are many ways to bake for Easter. You can make pies and cakes. But perhaps the items that get the most smiles and ooh's and ahh's are Easter Bunny Cupcakes. There are as many ways to make these as there are bakers. So be sure to use your own creativity. You can also incorporate chicks into the decorations and make some of the cupcakes bunnies and some decorated like chicks. If you want to take a break from Easter cookies this year, consider these delicious Easter Bunny cupcakes!
First Steps to Tasty Treats!
First, you'll need a great cupcake recipe. This recipe uses a boxed Betty Crocker cake mix which makes it very easy to whip up a batch of these cupcakes. Get the kids involved. But just make sure that you buy double the candy for the decorations.
Little fingers tend to steal a few nibbles here and there and you may find that there's no candy left to decorate with. Keep a few bags hidden until the last minute.
Photo by evelynishere on Flickr
Tricks for Treats
After you've made your cupcake gifts, plan on how you want to decorate them. One way is described in the recipe below. Use marshmallows to make bunny ears. But other recipes make use of fondant rolled to look like bunny ears, pink sanding sugar for the insides of the ears, and even Peeps in pink bunny shapes to adorn the top of the cupcakes.
Other bakers opt for chocolate wafer cookies to serve as ears and still others use 3D bunny sugar decorations, bought at a craft store, and just decorate the top of the cupcake to look like grass. There's no wrong way to make Easter Bunny Cupcakes. You can even take a small chocolate bunny and place it atop the cupcake and call it done.
Image by Rachel from Cupcakes Take the Cake
Then run with it.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow or white cake mix
- Water along with vegetable oil and eggs as called for on cake mix box
- Pink food color
- 2 containers Betty Crocker Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 5 large marshmallows
- Pink sugar
- Candy decorations and sprinkles (as desired)
- Heat oven to 350F (325F for dark or nonstick pans). Make and cool cake as directed on box for 24 cupcakes.
- Stir a few drops pink food color into 1 container of frosting. Frost cupcakes with pink frosting.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful white frosting on center of each cupcake. To make ears, cut each large marshmallow crosswise into 5 pieces with kitchen scissors. Using scissors, cut through center of each marshmallow piece to within 1/4 inch of edge. Separate to look like bunny ears; press 1 side of cut edges into pink sugar, flattening slightly. Arrange on each of the white frosting mounds as shown. Use candy decorations and sprinkles to make eyes, nose, and whiskers as shown. Store loosely covered.
- If you have only one 12-cup muffin pan, cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Then bake the rest of the batter in the cooled muffin pan, adding 1 or 2 minutes to the bake time.
More on 'Easter Bunny Cupcakes'
Try your own ways to make yummy Easter bunny cupcakes and see what you like best. Children often come up with the best ideas that adults haven't even thought of. You can give them bowls of candy and sprinkles and see what they create.
It's magical and may become your favorite Easter tradition! Don't forget to ask them for ideas when you're at the store picking out embellishments, they might just surprise you with a good idea!
Easter Bunny Cupcakes - Tutorial
Another Easter Craft
Tired of baking? Maybe your home needs a little Easter decor! How about an adorable hand crafted Easter tree? They are very cute, and creative too with the blown-out decorated eggs hanging from the branches. Interested in making your own? See the tutorial here.
When it comes to cooking on the grill, one thing usually gets pushed to the back burner...dessert. Grilled pound cake is a super easy dessert that tastes great and can be easily personalized. You can top grilled pound cake with fresh fruit, chocolate, or yogurt and it will always be delicious.
Whether you make your own pound cake from scratch or buy it already made, grilling the pound cake will always be a crowd pleaser.
How To Make Basic Pound Cake
Easy Pound Cake Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
With a mixer, cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar, a little at a time. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Mix in vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
This recipe is courtesy of FoodNetwork.com
Making this pound cake can get even easier than the recipe above. You can make it from a box mix as well! Just follow the directions on the box, bake, and let cool. Then throw it on the grill! No one will know that it came from a box unless you tell them.
Buttered Rum Cake picture is courtesy of meggle on Creative Commons.
How To Grill Pound Cake
Grilling the pound cake
You have already accomplished the hard part so give yourself a pat on the back. Now all you have to do is grill the pound cake and choose a topping... or not!
Image Credit: (Mariam) on Flickr
Brush both sides of each pound cake slice with butter. Place it on the grill. Cover and grill 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip each slice and grill for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until slices are crisp and golden. You're done!
Select a topping (or not) and slather the pound cake in it. I have provided delicious topping recipes below. Serve the pound cake immediately.
Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jelly
Combine all ingredients in pot and let simmer until thickened.
You can use this sauce to make delicious Grilled Pound Cake Dessert Sundaes.
Cream-Filled Grilled Pound Cake Recipe
Stuffed Grilled Pound Cake
- 4 tablespoons pineapple cream cheese
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices pound cake
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries
1. Spread pineapple cream cheese evenly over 1 side of 4 pound cake slices. Top with remaining 4 pound cake slices.
2. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400) 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Top with whipped cream and berries. Serve immediately.
Recipe and picture courtesy of myrecipes.com
Quicker Pound Cake Toppings
- Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Fruit
Cherry Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Cherry Chocolate Topping
Cherry Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
In a small saucepan, combine cherries and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Place two slices of grilled pound cake on each plate. Top with 1 tablespoon gourmet chocolate sauce and about 1/4 cup cherry sauce. Chocolate covered fruit on pound cake, can you think of anything more tasty?
Recipe and picture courtesy of tasteofhome.com.